Does any of this sound familiar?
- Your daughter is struggling with anxiety - relationships, school, work, or just enjoying life.
- She worries a lot, disconnects from family, has suddenly become quiet, or just seems "different."
- Being a high achiever comes with her being incredibly tough on herself.
- She's the kid you never had to worry about, and now you're worried about her all the time.
- It's hard when you try everything you know to make things better, but nothing seems to work.
- You want to understand what's going on so that you can help.
- You just want to see your daughter be free and confident, feel good, and have a happy life.
Teens & Young Women
- Like many young women, you're not sure who you are or where you belong, and it’s really uncomfortable to be you.
- It can be really hard to talk to people or relationships fail a lot.
- You sleep too much or not nearly enough, and your energy isn’t so great.
- You feel powerless and like you have to prove you’re a good person. It’s more than you can handle sometimes.
- You worry about things that don’t make sense or think you’re “crazy” sometimes.
- You may let people know what’s going on, or you may hide it. Either way, it sucks and you’re ready for it to change.
If you're looking for a therapist in Franklin, TN, I'm here for you. Just reach out.
How I Help
Help for Adolescents
Being a teenager can be hard enough by itself. Sometimes the problems we have socially, academically, and personally become really tough to handle alone. It’s difficult to enjoy life as much if you’re constantly dealing with stressors. I work with teens to help get life back on track.
I'm happy to introduce my canine assistant, Edge!
Scroll down to read more about Edge and what it's like to work with us!
Hi, I’m Cody.
Teen and young adult years are tough, particularly for young women. They’re challenging times that bring their own set of problems. Life can feel like a never ending maze of stress, anxiety, and confusion, leaving you unsure of where to go for help.
Nearly my entire career, I’ve worked with young women and teen girls struggling with anxiety, self esteem, or just feeling lost. While I may look like I would work mainly with "tough" teen guys, that's not necessarily the case. I enjoy working with teenage girls and young women, helping them to feel empowered and use their voice. Throughout the years, I’ve seen that working with a male therapist can be especially helpful for learning about healthy boundaries, and developing comfort in having a positive relationship with a male role model who listens and is sensitive to the needs and wants, as well as the issues that young women and teenage girls face in today’s society.
I know anxiety can come with some other concerns, like depression and self harm. These are also common issues that I help folks with. I'm LGBT+ affirming and welcome clients from all walks of life.
...and this is Edge.
What can I say about Edge?
He's a 12-year-old Beagle/Bassett hound mix. We've been together since I rescued him from the animal shelter here in Franklin when he was just 10 weeks old. He's grown into a natural counselor. Edge is intuitive, great at reading and responding to people's feelings, and has been the calmest dog I've ever been around from the time he was a puppy. He loves people, and he loves his "job."
If you're not into dogs, that's completely fine. Edge has a part-time schedule and isn't in the office every day. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to help you with an appointment time for a day when he's out of the office.